Thursday, November 16, 2017

Creative November Challenge Day #16: Stealing peaceful moments


I had one of those days where I went from one meeting to another, reading emails on the run, my mind going in a dozen  directions at once. Suddenly, it was 1:00, I hadn't had lunch, my next meeting was at 1:30, after which I'd be tied up until suppertime. In flash of sanity, I threw on my coat, grabbed my purse and hurried up the hill to my favourite coffee shop, Le French Fix.

Upon arrival, I was disappointed to discover they'd sold the last of their ham and cheese croissants for the day but, fortunately, there was still plain croissant on offer so I ordered a latte to go with it and stole upstairs to sit by a window and enjoy my snack. I'd deliberately left my smart phone on my desk so, aside from snapping this photo, there was nothing to distract me from savouring a few minutes of peace and quiet in the midst of the busy-ness.

It doesn't often occur to me to slip away as I did today. More often, lunch is a sandwich and fruit eaten at my desk while I read an online newspaper, and I rarely take myself out for coffee or a short walk though I know how helpful it can be. Stealing such peaceful moments lets me to breathe deeply, clear away emotional and psychological clutter, and return to my desk more relaxed and better able to work.

With winter looming, I suppose I should make a point of visiting Le Fix more often. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment