Monday, May 23, 2011

It ain't about the Tiffany necklace

Some of you know that two years ago, I ran the Chicago Marathon as a member of Team in Training to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada.  Click here to visit the blog I wrote about the experience. In the two years since, I've stayed active with TNT as a volunteer and a sponsor. Now, after much soul-searching, I've decided to run another marathon - the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco - as a member of TNT Flex on October 16th, 2011.

My goals in taking on this challenge are:
  • to raise at least $4,000 (hopefully more) for LLSC,
  • to run the race in a respectable time, and
  • to support team members here in Halifax and across the country as they train and fundraise for their own races. 
Once again, I'll be running in honour of Kirsi and in memory of Jon.  But I'll also be running in honour of the many others I've met or heard about through my involvement with TNT - people who's lives have been touched in one way or another by blood cancers.

Please consider sponsoring me - which you can do easily by visiting my fundraising page here. I'll be blogging about my TNT experiences once again (it helps keeps me honest!) so I hope you'll take a moment to check out the new blog, It Ain't About the Tiffany Necklace, where I'll be posting weekly updates on my training and reflections on my experiences. There, you can sign up to follow the blog and/or receive posts my email.

The next five months promise to be challenging and exciting. Training to run a marathon is never easy - especially when you're also working full-time and fundraising - so whatever encouragement and support you can offer on my journey will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment