Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Once upon a winter weekend


Last  weekend was a busy one. We hosted our wonderful neighbours for a mid-winter night's supper on Friday night. The weather was perfect, with snow softly falling throughout the evening.  Husband outdid himself, cooking up a wonderful feast, and the company couldn't have been better. We enjoyed it thoroughly. 

The views as we headed for the country for a visit with my parents and aunt on Saturday were spectacular. En route to my parents' place, we popped up the hill to deliver leftover brownies to my sister and her family. The scenery near their house was so lovely I asked husband to stop a couple of times so I could take pictures. (The colours in the photo above are different because I took it through the car windshield.)




To our delight, we managed to see our beautiful nieces in passing! Though fighting colds, they were outside enjoying the day and waited patiently while I snapped a few pics. What can I say? Taking photos of these two faces never gets old.


Dinner with my parents and my aunt was terrific too. My parents are generous hosts and, at 90 years old, Aunt Marg is sharp as a tac and full of fun so we thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Even with all the visiting, I managed a 13km run on Sunday. It wasn't pretty after being sick with flu for a couple of weeks but at least I got 'er done. And running amidst such beauty, warmed by happy memories of time with family and friends, I had nothing much to complain about.

Happy running and writing, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment