Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another awesome thing

"Her Majesty"
I love the idea of keeping a list of "awesome things" upon which to reflect when life feels tough. 

My own list mostly includes pretty mundane items:
  • drinking caffe latte with Husband on Saturday mornings
  • Her Majesty curled contentedly on my chest, purring
  • that moment in shavasana when my mind and body completely relax
  • the expression on my niece's face when she wins a game of dominos
  • the achey satisfaction I feel at the end of a long, slow run. 
However, this week I experienced a bigger-than-usual awesome thing - a moment when I suddenly realized I'd stopped worrying about something that had been on my mind for awhile.

It felt amazing. Like the emotional and psychological equivalent of a fever breaking. Or like stepping outside on a warm spring morning, taking a deep breath and knowing - right down to my bones - that summer is just around the corner. 

I wish I understood how and why this bit of awesomeness happened. Perhaps, my subconscious finally got around to accepting what my conscious mind already knew. Or, perhaps, as they say, time heals all. Whatever the explanation, I'm grateful.

So - what about you? Have you ever experienced a similar kind of awesome?  When and how did it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment