Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Thaw


Spring is my favourite season - the longer days, the freshness in the air, the promise of apple blossoms, the sheer newness of everything.  I can't help but feel more positive and hopeful this time of year.  And, in the spirit of the season, I'm spending lots of time considering how best to renew my energy and enthusiasm after what felt like a long, dark, cold winter.

Fortunately, I was recently introduced to a wonderful new blog by Leo Babauta entitled Zen Habits.  It offers suggestions and inspiration for those wanting to walk more lightly on the planet and approach life more peacefully and with a greater sense of purpose.

I particularly enjoyed this post: The Key to Dying Happy. But the blog contains lots of other great stuff as well - on making and breaking habits, simplifying your life, becoming a morning person (wouldn't that be nice?), forgiveness, running, inspiration, motivation, creativity and achieving what you want to achieve without goals.

Here's hoping all that good food for thought will bring a spring thaw of heart and spirit to go along with the one happening all around me in the natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment