Sunday, March 6, 2011

Five things I learned from my cat

(It's funny what you think of when you're out for a long, slow run.)

1. Pretty much any time is a good time for a nap.

2. Food is very very very very important!

3. A sense of adventure is best tempered with a healthy dose of skepticism - especially where children or other small animals are involved.

4. The best things in life (mice and birds, for example) often require intense focus, determination and patience.

5. Never miss an opportunity to show someone you love them - even if it means getting booted out of bed for your trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Janice...great list...I have one to add based on my experiences with our two dearly departed Siamese: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"...Steven Eddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great addition to the list, Steven. BTW, I have been enjoying your blog posts very much. Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete