Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Daily Commutes



The best part of my day is my commute to work. How great is that? Millions of people around the planet spend hours every day miserably stuck in traffic or squashed into buses and subway cars, while I have the good fortune to enjoy a leisurely walk, followed by a ferry ride to my office.

Even when it's windy and grey, the views of Halifax and the water from high atop the Dartmouth Commons are sure to lift my spirits. And being on the water every day let's me savour the beauty of the ever-shifting skies overhead.

In the 5 months since I began commuting this way again, I've taken dozens of pictures from the ferry's upper deck like the ones posted here. Truly, as commutes go, it doesn't get much better than this.

P.S. Correction. The best part of most days is my commute. Today, it was a 5km run around Lake Banook in almost complete solitude because of the cold. With city lights glistening on the lake's smooth, newly frozen surface, it was stunningly beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment