Thursday, December 13, 2012

Another award! How nice.


So one of my favourite bloggers, the Blonde, nominated me for the Liebster Blog award a couple of days ago. I'm very honoured to have made it to her favourite blogger list once again and pleased to pay it forward by nominating five of my own favourite bloggers as recipients of the award: Keith, Janet, Jay, Brent and Beth.

According to the Blonde,  Liebster Blog award recipients should share 5 random facts about themselves and answer 5 questions.

5 Random Fact

1. I'm a cat person. (No great surprise there if you've ever read my blog.)

2. I'd rather spend money on art than furniture.

3. The biggest drawer in my dresser is reserved for running gear.

4. I didn't start running until I was 40 but still hope to be running in 40 years' time. (A girl can dream can't she?)

5. I wear black and grey suits to work nearly every day. (I know, boring. But I hate shopping too much to do anything about it.)

Questions

1. What is your mantra or motivational quote?  "Despair is a sin" or "I get to run when so many others don't."

2. What is the next big goal on your list?  My next big  non-running goal is to finish my novel. My running goal is to finish the Bluenose International Marathon in a personal best time.

3. What is your favourite place in the world and why?  Risser's Beach because I feel more myself there than any other place on the planet.

4. What's the best way to spend a recovery day?  Good question that I find hard to answer because I nearly always spend recovery days working. If I didn't have to work, I like to think I'd spend them reading, writing and cooking.

5. If you could travel and run a race anywhere, where would it be?  Another tough question. There are lots of places I'd like to visit but, to run a marathon, I'd have to say New York. Or Dublin. Or maybe Edinburgh. Or Athens. sigh. Nope, I can't decide.

Now, please go check out The Blonde Runs along with these five blogs:

Keith's Odyssey to Planet Fitness
Janet's Journal
Herd in the 'Hood
Relentless Forward Motion
Shut Up and Run

No comments:

Post a Comment