- hanging out with my friend, Janet
- cool, dry weather
- 400+ happy runners
- fabulous volunteers
- 5000 muffins!!
- impressive runners of all ages (including one who was 81!!)
- a handsome souvenir tee-shirt
- big greasy post-race breakfast
Not so good things:
- running in old shoes because my new ones were still too wet to wear
- nausea throughout
- stopping 300 metres from the finish line to retch (nothing came up fortunately)
- my finish time (1 minute slower than this time last year!)
- an awards ceremony that went on a little too long
Overall, a great local race organized by terrific folks. Highly recommended.