Saturday, October 25, 2008

Getting started


I've read that the most important thing when starting a new blog is to choose a subject you're passionate about.

Well, what I'm passionate about is life.

What's it for? What makes it worthwhile? Why are we here? Why is there so much joy, pain, beauty, ugliness, caring, and injustice mashed together in this world?

My quest isn't a religious one exactly, though it may be spiritual -- or perhaps it's one of self-discovery. I suppose that's the first question: When searching for the meaning of life, should you start by looking within or without ?

It may also be a quest to rediscover the best parts of who I was -- before I became the cynical, discouraged 40-something woman who wants to be the most creative and loving person she can be, but too often finds herself caught in an endless loop of self-doubt, small-mindedness, pragmatism and fear.

So let me begin with this quote:


Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise,
risking more than others think is safe,
dreaming more than others think is practical, and
expecting more than others think is possible.
Is it possible to live that way? Should one even try?

No comments:

Post a Comment